FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
2020 – New Year, Happier You!
Top New Year’s Resolutions
Miami, Florida (January 2nd, 2019) – As the New Year begins roughly one in three people decide they want to better themselves – a clean slate. This annual custom, New Year’s Resolutions, has amazing health benefits if achieved, but only a small percentage of people who undertake this challenge actually make good on their resolution. Approximately 75% of people stick to their goals for seven days, less than half (46%) are still on target six months later and only 8% percent are successful in achieving their resolution, according to a study in the Journal of Clinical Psychology. Philip Alatriste’s– wellness guru and Fitness Director at world-renown The Biltmore Hotel in Miami – Top 5 New Year’s Resolutions List will guide people to a happier, healthier 2020.
“The start of the New Year is often the perfect time to turn a new page in your life. With that in mind, to make resolutions work, I always tell my clients and hotel guests to pick one resolution, rather than several. Set realistic and specific goals and take small steps,” said Alatriste. “Many people quit because the goal is too big. Make sure goal is measurable. Celebrate the wins, even the small ones, they count to motivate you. Finally, don’t take yourself so seriously. Have fun and laugh at yourself when you slip, but don’t let the slip hold you back from working at your goal.”
Alatriste who is a passionate fitness professional with over 25 years of experience in the field recommends you to pick one resolution and make it stick!
- Improved Fitness: Regular exercise has been associated with more health benefits than anything else known to man. Studies show that it reduces the risk of some cancers, increases longevity, helps achieve and maintain weight loss, enhances mood, lowers blood pressure, and even improves arthritis.
- Enjoy life: Living hectic, stressful lifestyles is the norm for millions of people in today’s society. Enjoying life is an important step to a happier and healthier you! Consider activities that bring balance to your body, mind and soul. Take up a hobby, meditate, practice yoga, take a cooking class or enjoy a spa treatment. Just get out and try something new! A balanced life allows for better concentration, better clarity, improved communication, relaxation and rejuvenation of the mind and body.
- Sleep: Getting more sleep is important for good health, and it may also help you keep your New Year’s resolutions. Sleep resets and heals your mind and body, and is one of the main components to living a happy, healthy life. You should be gunning for at least 8 hours of sleep a night.
- Less stress: They say that stress is one of the biggest killers out there, and it can have a very destructive effect on your relationships as well as your health. It may be an unavoidable side effect of our hectic modern lifestyles, but it can be effectively managed by taking charge: of your lifestyle, thoughts, emotions, and the way you deal with problems. No matter how stressful your life seems, there are steps you can take to relieve the pressure and regain control.
- Travel and Connect: Travel is good in so many ways, be it physically, mentally and spiritually. Taking time off is essential to a healthy work-life balance. Most rational people agree that seeing the world and connecting with people unlike yourself makes individuals more interesting and compassionate. Traveling is an amazingly underrated investment in yourself.
“Every year, I make fitness my top choice resolution. Focusing on fitness, leads to a healthier and happier lifestyle: less stress, weight management, more sleep and inner peace,” said Alatriste, who runs the programming and oversees all operations of the hotel’s Fitness Center experience. “Guests and Miami locals ready to focus on health and wellness in 2020 are more than welcome to join the program, Benessere at The Biltmore. Benessere means well-being in Italian.”
Benessere at The Biltmore is an approach to health and wellness, and can be found throughout the spa, fitness and culinary programs.
The Biltmore Hotel’s award-winning spa is fundamental to the Benessere initiative with innovative treatments and rituals designed with health and wellness in mind. New offerings at the spa include the Mineral Wellness Ritual and Acupuncture, in addition to signature treatments, which feature everything from hand-harvested Organic Seaweed Leaf Cocoons to authentic Ayurveda Massage Treatments, and advanced, high performance Anti-Aging Skin Therapies.
The Fitness Center at The Biltmore offers 100 weekly exercise classes including Pilates, Zumba, Boot Camps, Spinning and Body Sculpting. The yoga studio is quietly nestled in a separate building with beautiful golf course views. A variety of aquatic classes are held in the hotel’s landmark pool. If you prefer to walk take advantage of the guided Historic Fitness Walk through Coral Gables Saturday mornings. The state-of-the-art fitness center’s cardio assortment includes treadmills, ellipticals and ascent trainers, all with touchscreen TVs, ClimbMills, and Espinners. The free-weight room offers strength equipment with redefined ergonomics, improved comfort and performance electronic rep count.
Benessere Wellness Days
Benessere Wellness Days are aimed at detoxification, enhanced energy and stress release, and will change seasonally. These days will begin with a targeted fitness activity and a fresh juice from the Succo Juice and Smoothie Bar, followed by a carefully selected spa therapy that supports the day’s objective and a relevant interactive culinary class. The day culminates with a leisurely afternoon at the hotel’s iconic pool.
About The Biltmore Hotel:
Graced with effortless beauty and sophistication, The Biltmore Hotel is a national historic landmark located in the exclusive Coral Gables area with close proximity to Miami Beach and downtown Miami. The 270 room resort maintains classic Italian, Moorish, and Spanish architectural influences spread over 150-acres of tropical landscape. A favorite of world leaders and celebrities since its opening in 1926, the hotel offers an 18-hole, 71-par Donald Ross championship golf course, tennis courts, one of the largest hotel pools in the United States with private cabanas, a European spa, and specialized fitness center. The hotel’s dining destinations include the award-winning Palme d’Or, recognized by Zagat as one of the best restaurants in the country; Fontana, a traditional Italian restaurant surrounding The Biltmore’s elegant courtyard and fountain; the poolside Cascade and 19th-Hole Golf restaurant. The hotel also boasts a culinary academy offering an array of hands-on cooking classes. The Biltmore is not only one of South Florida’s preferred sites for leisure and business travel, high-level corporate briefings, public policy conferences, and an extraordinary wedding destination, but is also a member of the Leading Hotels of the World program. For more information or to make reservations, please visit www.BiltmoreHotel.com.